If a home for sale is taking longer to sell than you thought, it may be due to common problems like overpricing, unflattering listing photos and maintenance issues.
Cara Ameer with Coldwell Banker counts down the five main reasons why homes don't sell in a video at realtor.com®.
1. Pricing: When the price is right, buyers will flock to it. Revisit the comps.
2. Editing: How is the presentation of the home? Does the décor and furniture work well together to create an attractive, inviting space? A deep-clean, declutter, and some staging may be needed to spruce up your listing.
3. Photography: How are the photos of the property online? Were the photos taken on a sunny day? Do the photos depict the space in best possible light?
4. Maintenance: Are there any undone maintenance items that the homeowners have put off? Tackle any house projects to avoid buyer hesitation.
5. Relaunch as a new listing: Sometimes relaunching may be a strategy to consider. Get a new MLS number, add some new photos, and do some staging to show all the changes you've made, and give it another go.
Source: "5 Reasons Your Home Isn't Selling," realtor.com® (April 25, 2016)